Actual schedule will be finalised after interested participants submit their indication of interest and preferred schedule.
- Starting March 2022
- One session per week for 3 months
- 2 hours contact time per session
Zoom & Face-to-Face (Venue TBC)
Able to converse in sign language, and wondering what more you can do with this skill?
We understand that diving into a sign language interpreting programme feels intimidating — which is why this course is designed to plug that gap. The programme will give you a taster of what the sign language interpreting profession has to offer, and the kind of skills you’ll need to hone. Students will be guided by experienced sign language interpreters, both Deaf and hearing, through theoretical and practical class components. These include interpreting simulations, translation exercises, job shadowing and mentorship opportunities.
Hearing SgSL learners who are interested to have a taste of what sign language interpreting is like
- Fluent in SgSL – able to hold regular conversations with native SgSL users
- At least one year of interacting and working with the Deaf community
- Applicants will go through an interview to be assessed on their SgSL fluency and suitability for the programme.
Please register your interest in our form and indicate your preferred schedule. We will contact you for registration after the schedule is finalised.
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programme is designed and conducted by:
- Deaf Interpreters and advisors at Equal Dreams
- Graduates of the Equal Dreams Interpretation Education Programme (IEP)