Equal Dreams has received support from Goh Chok Tong Enable Fund (GCTEF) to provide free/subsidized accessibility services up until June 2024 (or when funds are depleted, whichever is earlier). These services are for d/Deaf/Hard of hearing and/or visually impaired persons (Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents) who are financially unable to afford the access services to meet their needs and where the organisers and training providers of targeted courses and programmes are not willing to cover the cost of accessibility services. Equal Dreams aims to tap on this support to minimise accessibility difficulties without compromising on standards on proper fund utilisation.
To minimise barriers faced by individuals with hearing and/vision loss to access further studies, training, upgrading of skills and lifelong learning so as to pursue their academic / employment aspirations.
What can it be used for
- Priority will be given to those who request for learning and education purposes such as courses, training programmes, seminars/webinars, workshops, academic classes etc.
- Other requests for personal essential uses (such as medical appointments and employment interviews) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Types of accessibility services that are available include but not limited to:
- Sign Language interpretation
- Speech-to-Text interpretation
- Document conversion to accessible format (such as screen reader friendly format)
- In–class audio description and visual navigation
Who can apply
- d / Deaf / Hard of hearing individuals/individuals with hearing loss
- Blind / low vision / individuals with vision loss
- Must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
How to apply
- Email email@example.com the dates, time and description of your request.
- A representative from Equal Dreams will contact you to better understand your situation.
- Means testing is not required for eligibility but reasonable justification will be required. All information will be kept strictly private and confidential.
- What we require:
- Proof of hearing and/vision disability
- Justification of financial barrier (we do not require you to submit private financial documents such as payslip etc)
- Proof that requests have been sent to the training provider or organiser to provide access services and the request has been rejected.
- You did not apply to the GCTEF (with the support of another organisation) requesting for the same support for this specific event/course.
Please note that the provision of access services is subject to availability of our team.
Equal Dreams aims to minimise the accessibility barrier with GCTEF support without compromising on the prudence of the fund utilisation.
Please be rest assured that we respect your privacy and adhere to strict confidentiality.
Any private financial documents are not required to be submitted to us.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire early before your course or event starts.
We look forward to working with you to facilitate an equitable learning environment for you.