In our Singapore Sign Language Level 3 course, students will delve deeper into the various features of SgSL that they have learnt in Level 1 and 2, while further strengthening their foundation in SgSL grammar and syntax.
This also includes learning more advanced expressive skills in SgSL by further exploring the use of unique features in signed languages, such as the grammatical use of signing space and mouth movements. Students will also further explore topics relevant to the Deaf community and participate in discussions on these topics.
August to October 2023 Intake – Saturdays, 10am to 12pm
Total contact time: 20 hours (10 sessions of 2 hours each) + 1 assessment session*
Estimated preparation time: 2 hours per week (Readings / Video Homework)
- Start date: 5 August 2023
- End date: 7 October 2023
- Assessment date: 14 October 2023
*Certificates will be sent out at the end of the course to those who attend and pass the assessment
ITE College Central, 2 Ang Mo Kio Drive, Singapore 567720
Currently, SgSL Level 3 is open only to those who have completed and passed Equal Dreams’ SgSL Level 2.
- Participants are able to apply the use of signing space as a grammatical feature.
- Participants are able to add meaning to their signed production using mouth morphemes.
- Participants are able to modify the movement parameter of signs to indicate distributional and temporal aspects.
- Participants are able to produce stories in SgSL independently.
- Participants are able to discuss topics relevant to the Deaf community in SgSL.
Please let us know if you have any access requirements in the registration form, and we will do our best to work with you to provide them.
Eligible persons with disabilities can be reimbursed for the course fees under the Temasek-Trust CDC Lifelong Learning Enabling Fund.
Learn more about the Fund at this website: SG Enable — Temasek-Trust CDC Lifelong Learning Enabling Fund.
- Maximum pax: 12
- Do note there needs to be a minimum pax of 6 students to start a class. If the minimum number is not reached, you will be informed before the start of the course to either choose another slot OR be refunded.
Early Bird Registration (on and before 19 July 2023): SGD$250 per pax
Standard Registration (after 19 July 2023): SGD$280 per pax
Note: Your place will only be confirmed upon payment, on a first come first served basis. There’s no refund of programme fees once paid, unless the programme is cancelled.
Trainer’s Profile: Yew Hau En
Hau En is a Deaf Interpreter and an SgSL instructor with Equal Dreams. She has 6.5 years of experience teaching SgSL. Apart from working with Equal Dreams, she is currently working as a communication support officer serving Deaf job-seekers. She is also a team member of SgSL Now! Facebook Group and Telegram channel, which aims to bring SgSL users to a singular platform, where all can indulge in and share their love for SgSL and Deaf culture. In her free time, she creates informative Deaf-related content for Deaf and hearing people on her public Instagram.
Registration for Level 3 Saturday Class is closed.